- Outreach & Discipleship
- Print & Video
Living Hymns - Navy
Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs of Faith
View a list of changes made to the the new edition of Living Hymns.
Considered by many pastors and music leaders to be the outstanding hymnal for today's Bible believing church. Nearly 900 pages of the greatest church music of the ages, from "A Mighty Fortress" to "How Great Thou Art." A wealth of inspiration in both words and music. This hymnal is choice not only for musical quality and enduring popularity, but also for a strong scriptural message.
View a list of our orchestration books available for all instruments.
OUTSTANDING FEATURES IN THIS THIRD EDITION:
• Hundreds of Classic Hymns—Many pastors and leaders consider Living Hymns to be the largest and best collection of hymns ever assembled into one hymnal.
• New Hymns Added—We've included hymns that have never been included in previous printings of Living Hymns
• Gospel Choruses—Because their effectiveness and enjoyment, particularly by young people, all-time favorites have been included
• Revised and Updated Indexes—Easy reading, general index of first lines, titles, and first line of choruses plus a comprehensive topical index containing many subjects with thousands of listings.
• Size—Because of the number of pages found in Living Hymns, one would be led to believe that it would be hard to handle, but because of the "Bible style" used and its special binding materials, you will find the 6" x 9" x 1-3/8" book to be one of the easiest you have ever handled. (832 pages, hardback)
• Colors available—Blue, Burgundy.
• More Readable Fonts
• Consistent look throughout
• A verse that corresponds with the hymn
We supplemented our denomination hyminal with "Living Hymns." So many wonderful additional hymns that need to be introduced and used in worship. A great new resource! Glenn Butts, Pastor on Oct 22, 2018
Living Hymns is an excellent hymal. The hymn lyrics convey doctrinal depth and the music enhances (not competes with) them. In a day when the music in churches use backbeats, excessive syncopated, repetitive shallow lyrics, and swooping and scooping melodies that provide a dopamine rush which stokes the flesh instead of strengthening the spirit, a hymnal like Living Hymns is a great vehicle for the Lord to speak to the heart instead. It's one of a few options that should be in every church pew. Loretta Gill on Apr 4, 2018
While hymns are disappearing from many churches, the blessedness of the ancient hymns speak to the heart and soul; they communicate to God in a way that the modern worship song may not be able to. We use three styles of music in our Sunday worship and the hymns can be a focal point before the sermon. LIVING HYMNS hymnal is replacing.our present hymnal because it includes so many more songs of the faith. It's a wonderful addition to our worship. Pastor Glenn Butts on Jul 30, 2017
Thank God there is still a great hymn book out there for us who still enjoy singing from the book. No overhead projectors for US. The children learn to read music and sight read when using a REAL hymn book.
Dave Webb Dave Webb on Dec 8, 2016